As facilities managers, we’re responsible for maintaining and managing the physical assets of a building or facility. Depending on the organisation this can include anything from HVAC systems and lighting to security and safety equipment. With so many different systems to manage, it can be challenging to keep track of everything. That’s where Software as a Service (SaaS) comes in.
SaaS is a cloud-based software delivery model that allows you to access software applications over the internet. This means you can manage your facility from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. Here are some of the benefits of using SaaS for facilities management.
Improved Accessibility and Flexibility
One of the benefits of SaaS for facilities management is the improved accessibility and flexibility it provides. You can access your facilities management platform from anywhere, at any time, as long as you have an internet connection. This makes it easy to manage your facility remotely, which is especially useful if you manage multiple locations or have staff working remotely.
SaaS is a cost-effective solution for facilities management. You don’t have to invest in expensive hardware or software licenses, and you only pay for what you need. Most SaaS platforms offer flexible pricing models, so you can scale up or down as needed.
Easy to Use
SaaS platforms are designed to be user-friendly, even for those without a technical background. They often have a simple, intuitive interface that makes it easy to manage your facility.
How Can SaaS Help Facilities Managers?
SaaS can help facilities managers in a variety of ways, including:
- Streamlining Operations: SaaS platforms can help you streamline your facility management operations by centralizing your data and automating repetitive tasks.
- Improving Collaboration: SaaS platforms make it easy to collaborate with your team, even if they’re in different locations.
- Enhancing Data Analysis: SaaS platforms often come with advanced analytics and reporting tools that can help you make data-driven decisions.
Different Platforms for Facilities Management
There are many SaaS platforms available for facilities management, each with its own set of features and benefits. Some of the most popular platforms include:
- IBM TRIRIGA: IBM TRIRIGA is a comprehensive facilities management platform that offers a range of features, including real estate management, space management, and environmental sustainability.
- Archibus: Archibus is an integrated workplace management system (IWMS) that can help you manage your facility’s space, assets, and maintenance operations.
- FMX: FMX is a cloud-based facilities management platform that offers features such as work order management, preventive maintenance, and asset management.
SaaS Platforms that Use AI
Artificial intelligence (AI) is becoming increasingly prevalent in facilities management. Here are some SaaS platforms that use AI to enhance their capabilities:
- VergeSense: VergeSense uses AI-powered sensors to collect data on how your facility is being used. This data can help you optimize your space and improve the user experience.
- Envoy: Envoy is a visitor management platform that uses AI to automate the check-in process and enhance the security of your facility.
- HappyCo: HappyCo uses AI to analyze data from your facility’s equipment and assets to identify potential issues before they become problems.
While VergeSense, Envoy, and HappyCo are examples of SaaS platforms that use AI in facilities management, there are many other ways that AI is being used in this field.
Here are some examples of how AI is being used in facilities management:
- Predictive Maintenance: AI algorithms can be trained to analyze data from equipment and assets to predict when maintenance will be required. This can help facility managers schedule maintenance proactively, reducing downtime and saving money.
- Energy Management: AI can be used to analyze energy consumption patterns and identify areas where energy can be saved. This can help facilities managers reduce energy costs and improve sustainability.
- Security: AI-powered security systems can analyze video footage in real-time, flagging potential security threats and alerting security personnel. This can help facilities managers improve security and reduce the risk of theft or other security breaches.
- Occupancy Management: AI can be used to analyze data from sensors to determine how many people are in a space at any given time. This can help facilities managers optimize space usage and improve the user experience.
- Space Planning: AI can be used to analyze space usage data and provide insights on how to optimize space usage. This can help facilities managers make better use of their available space and improve the overall efficiency of their facility.
In summary, AI is being used in a variety of ways to enhance facilities management. From predictive maintenance to occupancy management and space planning, AI can provide valuable insights and help facilities managers optimize their operations.
As SaaS platforms continue to incorporate AI into their features and functionality, facilities managers can expect to see even more benefits in the years to come.
One of the primary benefits of SaaS is the ability to easily integrate with other systems, allowing for real-time data sharing and collaboration across multiple teams and departments. This means that our facility management software can integrate with other systems such as HR, finance, and procurement, enabling us to manage everything from employee schedules to vendor contracts in one central location.
AI in Facilities Management
AI is also going to play a critical role in facilities management, as it can help us analyze and interpret large amounts of data quickly and accurately. For example, we can use AI to monitor energy consumption and make recommendations for more efficient usage, helping to reduce costs and improve sustainability. We can also use AI to predict equipment failures and maintenance needs, allowing us to address issues before they become costly and disruptive.
I’m excited about the potential that SaaS and AI can bring to facilities management. By leveraging these technologies, we can improve efficiency, reduce costs, and provide a better experience for our employees and customers alike.
SaaS is a game-changer for facilities management. It can help you improve accessibility and flexibility, streamline operations, and save you money. There are many SaaS platforms available, each with its own set of features and benefits. If you’re looking to take your facility management to the next level, consider implementing a SaaS platform.